Information for Families
What can students and parents expect from the Village Virtual experience?
Many of our students are taking online courses for the first time when they come to Village Virtual for assistance. We make sure everyone is comfortable and that all questions are answered even before an enrollment is requested by providing personal access to one of our support specialists. Here are some of the most frequently asked questions:
- Course confirmation and login credentials sent immediately to students, parents, and schools
- Welcome to class phone call from support specialists and course facilitators
- Weekly progress reports sent to students, parents and schools
- Helpful tips and reminders sent throughout the course
- Timely final grade reporting to students, parents, and schools
- Student orientation video and other helpful resources embedded in every course
- Support specialists available for immediate technical assistance
- One-to-one feedback and communication for content assistance with multiple access points, including texting, emailing, phone, and virtual meetings
Course Flexibility and Engagement
- Robust direct instruction that meets or exceeds state and national content standards
- Easy navigation to courses and within courses
- Activities and lessons quizzes that can be revisited as many times as needed for mastery
- Engaging and interactive multi-media content that attracts and holds learner attention
Other frequently asked questions:
Is your school accredited?
Because Village Virtual is working in partnership with credit-granting entities, this is not a concern for any of our parents. We contact the students’ schools or homeschool organizations as needed to make certain that the credit-granting entity approves the student for the courses and by that approval acknowledges that the credit earned will be added to the student’s transcript and applied to graduation requirements.
How long will the student have in the course?
During the fall and spring semesters, Village Virtual provides great flexibility in the time frames students may choose to complete an online course. Most of our students elect to take half-credit or full-credit recovery courses in a block format (nine weeks). However, students may elect to complete these courses in a traditional format (18 weeks), particularly if they are working at a school lab that is based on a traditional calendar. Students who are not able to complete the course work in the time frame established at course registration may purchase extensions in the course.
Village Virtual offers three summer school sessions that start at the beginning of June and run through the end of July. Students may choose to enroll in any of the three six-week summer sessions or they may enroll in new learning full-credit courses for the entire eight weeks of the summer session. Click this link for more Summer School information.
Village Virtual . . .
Praised by Parents
“I like being able to learn at my own pace. I can go over lessons that I didn't understand again and take my time to understand the lessons at my pace.”
Myles Dixon, JSCLA Online
"It is a blessing that I can oversee my son's progress but let him be responsible for it. It has been a blessing to watch him take hold and take off."
Royal Dixon, JSCLA Online Parent
“Learning online kept my son from falling behind when he had to have surgery. He entered the fall school year right on track with all the other students.”
Jessica, Elementary Parent
Students may register and pay for courses at our website. Parents may also call to register and/or pay by phone. For more information:
Phone or Text