Info for Counselors
Information for Counselors
Village Virtual serves as a partner to schools, districts and states that wish to provide rigorous, engaging online learning experiences for their students without burdensome upfront investments in infrastructure and within a very short implementation window. Village Virtual has nine years of experience in managing virtual school implementations of all types and sizes, and we are ready to share that expertise with you.
No student attached to your school will be admitted to a course without the school’s approval since Village Virtual works as an extension of your service to learners. It is the school (or other credit-granting entity) that ultimately attaches credit to the course, and your policies and procedures are communicated to learners throughout their experience in Village Virtual courses.
What can school counselors and other school-based personnel expect from the Village Virtual experience?
- Course confirmation and login credentials sent immediately to students, parents, and schools
- Weekly progress reports with individualized feedback for each student provided on the first and fifteenth of each month and copied to the school contact
- As needed updates from Student Support Specialists to keep students on track for successful completion
- Complete documentation of all communication with students and parents provided in the Communication Log, to which counselors may also add important updates and information
- Ability to securely upload and share Individual Education Plans, 504 Plans and other special education documentation that needs to be shared with teachers for course modification and student support
- Timely final grade reporting to students, parents, and schools
- Access to both the Village Virtual student information system and learning management system provided for all identified school-based contacts. This allows counselors and other support personnel to track and support student experiences in online courses in real time. Training in the use of all of these tools is provided free of charge.
- Enrollment assistance. School or district-based personnel may choose to enroll students and request courses or parents and students may request courses directly from the website (see Getting Started). If schools elect to enroll their students, free training is provided.
- Village Virtual utilizes a rolling enrollment model, accepting a single enrollment or group of enrollments throughout the year for the various semesters.
- Schools may elect traditional scheduling (18 weeks per half credit) or block scheduling (9 weeks per half credit).
- Summer program provides multiple enrollment options for six-week completion of half-credit or full-credit recovery options. Schools may elect four-week option for lab-facilitated summer programs housed at the schools, if desired.
- Village Virtual works directly with curriculum experts in individual schools and districts to make certain courses meet identified standards and learning goals for each student or group of students
- Village Virtual can augment existing courses and in some cases create new courses to meet district needs
Online Learning . . .
an Indispensable Tool
"As a Graduation Coach I know how important it is to be able to offer any student various ways to accrue credits for graduation.
Without a means of online courses and course recovery, I cannot imagine being able to help my students, especially those at risk."
- Linda Yockey, Graduation Coach Bedford County Schools
Students may register and pay for courses at our website. Parents may also call to register and/or pay by phone. For more information: