Help for Homeschooling
Homeschool families face three primary challenges:
All three of these are critical to preparing homeschoolers for the challenges of college and career, especially in the upper grades.
Village Virtual can help!
Village Virtual provides rigorous and engaging online courses that can be customized for the needs of individual learners, all facilitated by certified teachers who regularly communicate with learners and their parents about the progress of each student.
Parents, too, can monitor all student work in the courses and participate in the education of their children to as great an extent as their own schedules allow.
Within the Village Virtual support model, students and parents receive:
- 24/7 access to state-of-the-art online courses
- Weekly progress reports
- Access to Student Support Specialists during business hours Monday through Friday
- Certified teachers for every course
Students love Village Virtual courses because they can:
- Approach college entrance exams with confidence
- Revisit and re-do lessons and quizzes
- Work at their own pace but within a structure that teaches the habits of good time management
- Receive just-in-time support from their teachers via texting, phone, email, or virtual meeting
- Call a Support Specialist for technical and course assistance
Online Learning . . .
Flexibility for Busy Lives
"It was the best decision we made. Online learning has allowed my son to improve his weaknesses and master his strengths working at his own pace. He has been able to take music lessons and participate in extra curricular activities as well. He gets together with his friends on weekends so he hasn’t lost the social aspect of school. He has been able to flourish as a person and excel as a student without the anxieties or failures created by traditional school. The work is challenging at times but also rewarding. We love the way the work is presented and explained."
– Maria, Middle School Parent
"If it hadn’t been for Village Virtual, I probably wouldn’t have been able to get into my dream school. College requires strong English and math skills. We tried various homeschool co-op programs, but having an actual certified teacher who knows what it takes to be successful is crucial. In Village Virtual courses, the teacher was focused on me, not on the whole class. My GPA went from 3.1 to 3.75, and their English teacher was the best teacher I had throughout high school."